Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Get out your hair brushes



Kelly Clarkson's fourth (and likely final) single from 2009's All I Ever Wanted was finally sent to radio today. "All I Ever Wanted" sees its release nearly six months after "Already Gone," her third single which spent eight weeks at #1 on Billboard's Adult Pop Chart, was first premiered. The new single, the album's title track produced by Louis Biancaniello and Color Me Badd's Sam Watters, is a whopper of a pop anthem with a thumping bass line ala Spoon and funked up electric guitars.

The real powerhouse here is Clarkson's layered pipes--feisty, husky and thirsty to plow the field of label suits that lay in her path. This was an immediate favorite of mine when I heard the album and, for the record, I'm partial to candle sticks when belting out my favorite pop tunes.

No comments: